An error message pops up saying ‘Error: Solution exception:The type initializer for ‘fem-karambaPINVOKE’ threw an exception’
- This is usually due to leftovers from previous Karamba installations which were not removed properly during the installation procedure
- Uninstall Karamba complete via the Control Panel and Software. Make sure everything is removed including the ‘karamba.dll’ and libiomp5md.dll’ files which are usually located in C:\Windows, otherwise do a search on your harddisk). Reinstall Karamba.
- Check whether the ‘karamba.dll’ file in the Windows-folder is blocked. To do this, right click on the file in Explorer and go to Properties. If the file is blocked, there will be an option to ‘Unblock’ the file at the bottom of the Properties Window.
- Make sure that you installed a Karamba version with the correct bitness: Karamba (64bit) can be used together with Rhinoceros 5 (64bit); Karamba (32bit) with Rhinoceros 5. Be aware of the fact that both versions of Rhino get installed
- If all fails: Start Grasshopper. Type the command ‘GrasshopperDeveloperSettings’ in the Rhino text window and check whether one of the library paths listed there points to the directory where ‘karamba.dll’ was installed to. Try also to flip the ‘Memory load *.GHA assemblies…’ checkbox there. Restart Rhino.