A guide to installing your STUDENT or PRO standalone license for Karamba.
- A single standalone license can be installed on two computers. Make sure Rhino5 and the latest version of Grasshopper is installed.
- Download the latest Karamba and install the FULL version.
Make sure it is installed in the Plugins folder of the Rhino installation. This is often C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0 (64-bit)\Plug-ins, however it can also be C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins. Make sure the folders correlate otherwise Karamba will not appear in Grasshopper.
- Open Rhino and load Grasshopper.
- Place the Karamba License component on the grasshopper canvas and right click on the red “K” icon.
- Save the “machine.id“ file and name it according to your name (‘FirstnameLastname.id’)
- Send these two “machine.id“ files to [email protected].
- You will receive a return email shortly with a “license.lic” license file which turns your Karamba TRIAL into a Karamba PRO or PRO-STUDENT version.
- Make sure to unblock the license before installing it. To do this, right click on the file in Explorer and go to Properties. If the file is blocked, there will be an option to ‘Unblock’ the file at the bottom of the Properties Window.
- Make sure you open Rhino as administrator before installing the license (right click and select ‘Open as Administrator’).
- Right-click on the red “K” icon of the License component and select “Load license file“.
- A pop up window will confirm that the license has been successfully installed. The panel displays the status and expiration of the license.
- Errors occur if you do not open Rhino as Administrator or if you do not unblock the file before loading it into Karamba.
- Another method to load the license is to rename the license-file to: ‘license.lic‘ and move (overwrite) it to C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0 (64-bit)\Plugins\Karamba\License\. Make sure Rhino is closed and that the license is unblocked.
- Restart Rhino and your PRO or STUDENT license should run.
- Upon successful installation of the license you should be able to open example files which have more than 20 beam elements or 50 shell elements. Double check if the license and correct Karamba version are installed by opening this check definition.
- If you have any troubles installing your license file, please email us at [email protected] or see our Support page.
A license includes all updates for a period of one year after purchase. Purchase a karamba3d PRO or STUDENT license now if you haven’t already. The PRO-Unlimited version can be updated after one year at a reduced cost (depending on the amount of additional program features made available).
To run Karamba with a floating license, see the guide in installing network licenses.